This is big: Walmart has a new kind of discount.
The retailer will give you a discount on more than 10,000 items if you’re willing to ship them to a Walmart location and pick them up yourself, rather than having the items delivered to your door.
This new “pickup discount” starts April 19, according to a statement from Marc Lore, president and CEO of Walmart U.S. eCommerce.
Walmart will start by discounting roughly 10,000 items. By the end of June, Walmart says it will offer a pickup discount on more than one million items!
Here’s how it works:
- Go online to Walmart.com and start shopping.
- Some items will be marked with a “pickup discount.” If you buy these items and have them shipped to your local store for pick up, you get the discount.
- Head over to your local Walmart store to retrieve your purchases.
Here are some of the deals Walmart says you can expect to see:
- Regular price: $148.05
- Pickup price: $140.65 ($7.40 savings)
- Regular price: $23.99
- Pickup price: $21.44 ($2.55 savings)
- Regular price: $111.49
- Pickup price: $107.03 ($4.46 savings)
- Regular price: $1,698
- Pickup price: $1,648 ($50 savings)