Macy’s is throwing some brides, grooms and maybe some party-goers a slight curve ball. The retail giant is close to ending its partnership with Tailored Brands, Inc., which operates brands like Men’s Wearhouse and Jos. A. Bank.
Macy’s established a partnership with Men’s Wearhouse in 2015, allowing its customers to rent tuxedos straight from its stores. The service was offered in select stores in more than half of U.S. states. But not enough people hopped on the wagon. Citing low revenue from the venture, the two companies announced that the deal will end in June, about two years after the original deal was signed, according to Macy’s chief merchandising officer, Tim Baxter.
“Macy’s is always looking for new partnerships that benefit both parties, as well as our customers, and we are grateful to have had the opportunity to collaborate with Tailored Brands. While the partnership did not produce the level of sales we expected, we will continue to benefit from the insights we gathered,” Baxter told Business Wire.
Brides—deep breaths. Here’s the good news. Macy’s and Tailored Brands want to ensure renters they are committed to fulfilling all customers’ orders no matter the occasion.
- The Tuxedo Shop at Macy’s will take new reservations through June 1, 2017.
- The shops will be up and running through July 14, 2017. So if you’re expecting a tux rental prior to this date, you’re set.
- Customers with outstanding rentals after July 14 will be allowed to transfer reservations to any Men’s Wearhouse or Jos. A. Bank store.
- Customers with outstanding rentals will be contacted.
This is not the first sign of trouble reported by Macy’s this year. In early 2017, the company announced it was closing 68 stores, affecting 6,200 employees nationwide while saving the company about $550 million. The company experienced a slump in holiday sales and a drop in year-to-year sales.
If you have questions about your tuxedo reservations, feel free to contact The Tuxedo Shop at Macy’s service team.
- Call 844-MCYSTUX or 844-629-7889
- Email [email protected]