In need of a job? The Kroger grocery chain is looking to hire thousands of workers at its nationwide family of stores for positions for everything from cashiers to pharmacy technicians and management.
The company says it has created 100,000 new jobs since 2007 — 10,000 last year alone — and it does not seem to be slowing down, with 11,000 new jobs now posted, including nearly 2,000 management positions.
Kroger Looking For ‘Career’ Employees
“Kroger is a place where you can come for a job and stay for a career,” Tim Massa, Kroger’s group vice president of human resources and labor relations, said in a press release this week. “We are committed to creating great entry-level jobs and investing in our associates so they can reach their full potential.”
News: Kroger Family of Stores Hiring 11,000 Employees
— Kroger News (@KrogerNews) April 10, 2018
In addition to the new jobs, Kroger says it is also investing $500 million in associate wages, training and development over the next three years, which means employees will likely see a pay increase.
The newly announced job openings are at various stores owned by the Kroger Company, including Roundy’s, Fry’s, Fred Meyer and, of course, Kroger. Take a look at some of the jobs currently available:
Grocery/Stocking Hourly Associate
From Roundy’s to Pick n’ Save and Kroger, there are multiple openings all over the country for grocery and stocking associates, which means you’ll essentially be a clerk in one of the store’s various departments. Job duties vary and you may be required to work overnight, but there are no education requirements and literally thousands of locations across the country.
If you’d like to apply at a location near you, click here.
A pharmacy technician assists in the pharmacy department with everything from preparation of prescriptions to helping maintain day-to-day business. A technician may receive refill requests over the phone, obtain health information from customers and order medications, among other duties. Applicants must have a high school education or equivalent, strong communication skills, one year of customer service skills and one year of healthcare-related experience.
To read all requirements for the pharmacy technician job, or to apply, click here.
Assistant Store Manager
The assistant store manager is responsible for assisting with overall operations of the store, including working to achieve desired sales. This person also assesses the store’s ability to meet or exceed customer expectations. Applicants must have a high school degree or equivalent and must complete a training program. Desired previous job experience includes supervisory responsibilities, retail experience and financial responsibility. Having a bachelor’s degree is also desired.
If you’d like to apply, click here.
Dairy/Frozen Food Manager
Among some of the job responsibilities for the dairy/frozen food manager includes:
- Make decisions related to hiring, discipline, and termination or make recommendations and offer substantive input related to the same.
- Communicate company, department and job specific information to associates.
- Establish performance goals for department and empower associates to meet or exceed targets through
- Develop adequate scheduling to manage customer volume throughout hours of operation.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, company guidelines, and food safety regulations.
If you’d like to apply, click here.Getty Images | Sean Gallup
Kroger is looking for someone who knows how to take a cake and transform it into something beautiful! Job responsibilities include:
- Prepare bakery items per customer requests using proper bakery equipment.
- Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about.
- Inform customers of bakery specials.
- Provide customers with fresh products that they have ordered and the correct portion size to prevent shrink.
- Recommend bakery items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Adequately prepare, package, label and inventory ingredients in merchandise.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review sell by dates and take appropriate action.
- Decorate cakes, pastries, cupcakes, cookies and other bakery items.
To view all job postings from the Kroger family of stores, click here.