Spring is in the air and that means Easter isn’t far behind! In fact, the Easter Bunny is stopping by PetSmart locations around the country for a special photo opportunity. On Saturday, April 8 from noon to 4 p.m. local time, get a free pet photo with the Easter Bunny at all participating PetSmart locations.
Free Pet Photos, Scavenger Hunts And More
The Easter Fun For Every Bunny event hosted by PetSmart includes a free photo of your pet, plus a CritterTrail Scavenger Hunt, according to the store’s official Facebook page. Or, if you’re looking for a new fur friend in your life, the event might be the perfect opportunity to add a pet to your family. The holiday events are all free and the entire family is invited to come and enjoy the festivities.
Preparing For Your Free Pet Photo
Pets, even the most adorable ones, can be unpredictable. This is especially true when you want to capture that perfect moment on camera. To prepare your dog, cat, guinea pig or other pet for its big moment, consider these pro tips from photographers to help set up a successful experience.
- Get your pet some exercise. It’s a good idea to take your pet for a walk and make sure it has plenty of play time before a photo session. This will reduce nervous energy and make it calmer for the photo shoot. Don’t wear you pet out completely, though. You want your pet to show off its special energy in the pictures.
- Take a potty break. Try to make sure your pet has “taken care of business” before the photo shoot to prevent accidents. They still may happen, but it helps to try before the excitement begins.
- Make your pet pretty. Or handsome—whatever applies! You don’t need to go all out with grooming, but if your pet needs cleaning or brushing, doing it the day before the photo is best.
- Bring a favorite toy. Pets love their toys and they can be a great motivational tool. Bring one or two favorite toys from home to not only help keep your pet’s attention, but also maybe to include in the picture.
- Have treats on hand. Having your pet a little hungry before the photo shoot isn’t a bad thing. In fact, having a few treats on hand with a slightly hungry pet can help with keeping its attention during the photo shoot.
If you do get bunny photos with your pet this Easter season, please share your photos with us! You can tag us on Facebook @dwymsite or email them to info at dontwasteyourmoney.com.