We’ve posted this job before and it’s back: Amazon is once again hiring work-from-home customer service agents.
Why not work for the company that’s obviously going to take over the universe someday? (Kidding … sort of.) You can visit the job posting here to apply.
In order to be eligible to work from Amazon remotely, you must live in one of 35 states (see the list below for details).
Beyond that, you should know that these are seasonal positions, meaning you’ll primarily work during the busy holiday season, however there is a chance your job will become more permanent. Amazon says it’s only hiring full-time customer service associates at the moment.
Amazon says the ideal candidate is “internet savvy and has technical aptitude when it comes to online tools and research. You will think outside the box, solve problems, answer questions, and resolve concerns presented by our Amazon customers.”
In this role, you’ll be interacting with customer by phone or online chat.
The pay is $10 an hour no matter where you live. The gig also includes paid training, bonus opportunities and potential for growth and development.
You Should Be Available To Work:
- Days, afternoons and evenings (the call center is open 24/7)
- One or both weekend days
- Up to 60 hours a week
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Fluent in English
- Basic phone and computer skills
- Comfortable with the internet, multiple browsers, email and instant messenger
- At least one year in a service environment
- Ability to complete I-9 work authorization paperwork in person
- Patience and empathy when talking to customers
- Windows 7, 8.1, 10 or Mac OSX 10.9 through 10.12. (No tablets or smartphones)
- 64-bit operating system
- 10 mbps download and 5 mbps upload speed or faster from a reliable internet provider (Cable, DSL or Fiber Optic/FiOS providers only)
- Must be directly connected to router/modem via ethernet cable.
- Operating system auto-update
- Microsoft Security Essentials must be installed if using Windows 7 or Windows Defender if using Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. These are the only Anti-virus programs that are usable.
- You will be shipped a headset and token to the address provided in your application.